Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Forgotten.

Now, I will leave your life. There will be days that you will have a faint recollection of who I was and what I meant to you. It will be as if you woke after a long night’s sleep during which, at some point, you woke up intoxicated from a glorious dream. But you won’t be able to recall the details or the facial expressions or the laughter - only a passing and vague lifting feeling associated with the memory and dream. That’s what it will be like when I am done with you. You will forget that you ever cared what I thought. I will be gone.


Like the rains on the blacktop during the Florida summer heat.


Like the sound of an ambulance driving farther and farther away.


Like the beauty of a cut flower, wilting as the days pass.


Like the light as the sun passes the horizon and even dusk disappears.


Like the satellite in the night sky after the sun no longer reflects on its metal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog from a Donald Miller search, Great Post!

-Candy

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.