Sunday, September 21, 2008

What It Takes.

Sometimes, it takes a drastic, dramatic event to make you accept and embrace a change in perception.
Sometimes, it takes only 1 word. 
Sometimes, it takes him telling you 1,000 times that you are beautiful before you believe he means his words. 
Sometimes, it takes only a kiss for you to believe it. 
Sometimes, it takes walking away from the one thing you know to learn how to fly. 
Sometimes, it takes only the help of your friends. 
Sometimes, it takes masks and faux grins to survive the gauntlet. 
Sometimes, it takes only a genuine smile and an open heart.  

Sometimes, it takes hearing a song more than once before you cherish it. 
Sometimes, it takes only one spin before your heart explodes in its presence. 
Sometimes, it takes a near death experience to take each hour seriously.
Sometimes, it takes only known pending death. 
Sometimes, it takes thinking to make the best decision. 
Sometimes, it takes only instinct.  

And sometimes, it takes love to break the walls down you've built up. 
Scratch that: it always requires love. 
Always.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

"Sometimes, it takes hearing a song more than once before you cherish it.
Sometimes, it takes only one spin before your heart explodes in its presence."

true, true. Case and point: Writhe and Writhe the Remix..;) and my heart surely did explode the first time.

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.