Thursday, September 18, 2008

Golden Words

You, there, with your golden words.
Jail them.
Incarceration is required for the crimes committed. 

They are no longer any use to me whatsoever! I cannot stand for even a moment longer to hear them dribble out of your mouth as casually as a sunny summer day. 

They have the substance of a glass bubble - fragile.
They have the falseness of playboy - actions mismatched.
They have the oiliness of a greaser - slick as can be.

spun
woven
wrapped around my mind
you've trapped me here and I hate you for it.
and now you cannot hear my own?

I'll bury your gold,
So deep that they'll search for it as the treasures of old.
But I won't leave them a map.
They will be hidden in the darkest part of the earth,
Where none will ever traverse.

And to my neighbors and friends: don't search for these nuggets.
They've not the value you think;
Turning to dust in your hand,
Blowing away in the wind.
Physically gone, but retained eternally in your memory.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.