Monday, January 5, 2009

The Habitat of the Soul


I arose from my slumber,

One thought in my mind

To seek out the sunlight

And, of course, You.


Before I left,

I felt the rumblings of Your presence

The windows were open,

The breeze a cool wake up call.


My soul was situated entirely within my heart upon waking

(its customary home)

But during the drive, 

An explosion rocked the ground

As my soul threatened to break the physical bounds of my fragile body

It was nothing but glorious.


The joy I felt 

At the announcement of Your presence

Overwhelmed me

I sung, “You’re Beautiful”

Along with Phil

The words resounding in my heart

As if You inscribed them there in Your precious blood

(indelible ink of sorts)

as I sang.


I then spent hours in the gazebo

Looking out over the rose gardens

Incredulous at the emotional outburst

You inspired within

No words able to flow from my pen

Until hours later.


Serenity sat with me in that gazebo

and the evening found me giddy with laughter.

14 hours of waking pleasure.


Gratitude.



4 comments:

Melissa said...

love this. It's pure, it's honest, it's refreshing. it shows a glimpse. and the unadulterated, here's-my-heart-on-a-sleeve exuberance is what makes it inspiring.

I am incapable of critiquing pure joy. sorry:)

Melissa said...

seriously it would be like kicking a puppy. i can't do it.

Jeanne said...

hahaha don't kick my puppy :) I'm glad you like it. Still haven't had a chance to re-read. Promise to tonight!!

Melissa said...

God forbid I ever kick your puppy.

P.S. I love your new About Me blurb.

P.P.S. Don't worry. It's not a big deal, Slim. I added three measly lines.

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.