Monday, February 16, 2009

L'amitie

Friendship is often forged,
Fabricated as a result of like circumstances
Contrived from similar interests
Constructed due to the mere ease of it all.

Occasionally these effortless friendships
Outrun the duration of the likeness
But it seems that they often instead
Fall aside as conveniently as they arose.

And yet, the friendships that I crave
Are far beyond the circumstances,
Based rather in the true meeting of the souls involved:
Pure acceptance and love and truthfulness.

And as our worlds begin to revolve,
Orbit around different stars
The friendships adapt, evolve
The golden, shimmery strings of connection

Simultaneously loosen and tighten, 
Allowing freedom while maintaining intimacy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

this could be a painting

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.