Sunday, February 15, 2009

Your Absence Makes My Heart Grow Fonder

Where are you? Inspiration that used to flourish, creative flower that used to radiate her fantastic words into my mind, fleeting pixie with endless energy - you have left, departed my soul, returned to your birthplace in that distant land.

I've searched every inch of my timeworn heart for you, but you left no trace of your past love for me. I have to be frank, to admit that I didn't notice your absence immediately. But they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder! Oh, how mine did and still does. I miss the soft mornings I spent with you, keys chattering like a five year old's teeth on a blustery, snowy morn. I miss the late nights, lying in bed, writing your words in my head. How I would snort in disgust at you for demanding I arise and capture your beauty just then! You always threatened me with forgetfulness. Instead, I wanted to pull the pillow over my head to drown out your alluring, captivating voice to catch a few z's.

Yet I now long for the darkened midnight that I can awake from a deepened sleep to find your tiny breath upon my face, caressing my thoughts and mind in your skillful manner.

Please come home. We can share?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

mmm i like this:)
she's still there.

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.