Monday, June 9, 2008

Looking backwards through a kaleidoscope.

Abandonment.

We often turn it around, seeing things only from our own angle.

But we are the ones who abandon.
Running into our 'freedom'.

Oh, 'freedom' - it ain't so free after all!

Issues with authority.
Self sufficiency.
Independence.
We are quite brilliant.

Or so we think.
"Can anyone really know what's best for me, other than me?"
Our warped mindset is at least somewhat the result of our bizarre society.

I find it humourous that we consider God's Kingdom 'backwards.'
Rather, it surely must be the other way around!


Reverse.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

nice tagline.

jeanne--if you wrote a book. i would buy it. at borders.

not amazon.

BORDERS. Full price.

Also, I like this poem:) And now I'm not sure if I should comment here or facebook to tell you that. haha.

Melissa said...

I'm also still waiting on the whole "love is like swimming with dolphins in Africa" blog. haha.

I wait on the edge of my seat in suspense.

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.