Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gone, Baby, Gone.

Some people are too nice.
Some, too mean.
Where is the middle?
Where is the understanding?
Why does the phone ring in the middle of the night?

It's ringing for you,
And it's never good news:
Come to tell you of the world,
Of the evil within.

Live another day, my love.
Hope for something better.
It will come.
But it may not be in this life.

For eternity is not yet.
Eternity feels so.... so far away.
It almost seems. Unattainable?
But - we're told it's worth it.
In our fast food society, can we hold out?
Can we wait for what's better??

Oh, LOVE.
Thank you for your strength.
Without it, I would be nothing.
Oh, GRACE.
Thank you for your beauty.
Without it, I would be lost.
Oh, WISDOM.
Thank you for your wonder.
Without it, I would be small.

Yes.
We will wait.
This world contains tiny packets of the future: good.
But we long, hope, and are destined for so much more.
WAIT.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

"Come to tell you of the world,
Of the evil within."

I really like that line for some reason. It draws attention to the something often overlooked--that our own personal brokenness and the brokenness of the world are inextricably linked.

This is one of the reasons why I loved that Story: Recapture the Mystery book... it reminds me of the big picture, of things that are stake that are both far more than me and still have everything to do with me.

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.