Thursday, June 12, 2008

Xerox.

Are you a photocopy of someone else?
Do you constantly watch other people and mimic?
Do you have any idea who you are, or do you let other people define you?


Our generation is one of trends.
Very few people are trendsetters;
Most are followers.


And not everyone can be first to a new idea...
But everyone IS unique.
I think that many of us tend to forget that to look different is to be beautiful.


To know who you are,
To love who you are,
To be confident in who you are,
Especially in the face of conflict or adversity?


That is...
Life.
Defining.
Understanding.


That. is. Freedom.


Toss off those chains,
Because a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy
Tends to be too blurry.
Or look like Bill Murray.


(FYI: That was a completely unintentional rhyme. But it works.)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

no, i think my rhyming genius has subconsciously affected your writing.

hehe;)

About Me

My photo
I live amongst the dragons and the warriors of the 21st century. I surround myself with both the peasants, the aristocrats; the knights and the maidens. For a long time (now quite in the past), I wove the structure of my life around the mold others saw for me. I've since learned to live for God and myself. Freedom comes and goes as I remember this lesson of mine. But my life is MY life: a series of events and remembering such. And this, this beautiful montage, is why I wake up every morning. God willing.